Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy weekend




We had a busy, busy weekend in our family. The big girls and I were in NC for a luncheon for our Rett Syndrome fundraiser. The luncheon was on Friday at noon. We had about 70 people in attendance along with 3 Rett families. We are hopeful that some of the attendees will want to help us raise money for Rett research. Research is terribly expensive and we cannot do it alone. However, with 400 people all helping a little bit we could raise over $100,000 this year...and that is what it takes to conduct just one research project. While not many people can contribute $1000, anyone can give $10 or $20, and that is exactly where the power of fundraising lies. If any of you would like to help, we would love to have "virtual teams" represented on September 27th at Wrightsville Beach Park. E-mail me with any questions... wrightsvillestrollathon@yahoo.com

While we were in Wilmington, Shawn and Lauren were in Virginia having a great time. They had pizza by the pool Friday night and went to IHOP for breakfast on Saturday, spent lots of time playing, swimming, and just having special Daddy-time.

This week is VBS at church. Our church does VBS like no other church I've attended. It is HUGE with over 300 kids just between 4 and 8 years old!! Emily and I are helping in the craft room while Sarah participates. Hopefully I can get a few pictures to post.

Life is busy around here but we are all healthy and happy. Lauren continues to do well in all areas. She is running up and down the hall many times every day and is learning to use her communication device more and more. We can't wait for the day she writes a message on it! One day.....
Thanks for checking in on us and for your prayers. We appreciate it so much.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Your VBS sounds amazing and HUGE! I love that you are excited about research too. I honestly believe that we are getting SO close to a cure...thanks for doing your part to raise awareness and money for research!

Colleen said...

Shelly, I am so excited that I found your page. Stumbled on the link from Brooklyn's page. Thank you for being such a source of encouragement, needed it today. So glad to hear that all with the Tango is going well, way to go Lauren! Your friends from the other coast, Colleen and Claire

Beth said...

Hi shelly, thanks for reading my blog about Kelly. Her and her twin sister Sabrina were born on Feb 6th but were due on March 15th. I would love to talk to you about the girls, yours and mine.
my email is kellybeansie@yahoo.com.
we're in robbinsville NJ...lots of Rett girls living within an hour of here. seems you are quite busy with all your bundles of joy. Looking forward to hearing from you
Beth
Mom to angel Kelly and her twin Sabrina