Saturday, December 6, 2008

First snow of the year!

It snowed today! Not a lot, but enough for my girls to get really excited! We had friends over watching the big game...GO NAVY! Beat Army!...and so they had a friend to add to the excitement. They first went out on the deck in sweatshirts and crocs, came in to get coats and real shoes, came in again for snow gloves, and finally for snow boots! They were outside for over 2 hours in the snow. They made as many snowballs as they could on the deck and made the first snowman of the year, or maybe I should say snow-baby(see picture below). Hopefully this winter will bring more snow than last year. It seems all we got last year was a lot of freezing rain and that really stinks! If it is that cold we prefer snow! A fun day was had by all. Tomorrow is our 12th anniversary. It seems crazy that we've been married 12 years...but then I think of all we've done and it seems like it should be even longer. I am so thankful for the husband that God gave me. He is the perfect husband for me. I have known it since 1996 when we were married but I have grown to appreciate him even more in the last 2 1/2 years. Thank you, Lord, for that wonderful provision in my life. Enjoy the snow pictures!

Sarah and Ethan


The first snowman of the year!


Whew...2 hours later...Yes, Sarah refused to smile just because...well, because she is Shawn's daughter! No need to say anything else.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary!!!