Saturday, August 22, 2009

Six Months!



Today is exactly 6 months since they placed Anna Grace in our arms. Can it really have only been six months? Can it really have already been six months? I remember the day like it was yesterday. A scared little girl was placed in my arms by a nanny who clearly loved her.
Anna sat in my arms in the Xian civil affairs office with a frightened look on her face. She didn't know what to think of the the strangers who were holding her. It is hard to believe that in just 6 short months she has blossomed into the beautiful, funny little girl that she is today. What an extraordinary blessing she is to our family. Thank you, Jesus, for this precious gift of a child. I can't begin to think of what we would have missed had we not gone to China. Today, Anna Grace played with her 3 sisters and 6 cousins. She has spent a week at the beach, running, laughing, dancing, and singing. I am so grateful that we are privileged enough to be her mama and daddy. You know, some thought we were crazy to adopt. I mean, we have 3 girls already and one of them has Rett syndrome. Why on earth would we want to adopt a child from China? But Shawn and I knew that God had placed it on our hearts and they He would most certainly enable us to do all that He asked of us. And He has, every step of the way. Anna has enriched our lives in so many ways. I pray that her birthparents will come to know Christ so that one day they will see her in heaven. We honor them for loving her enough to make sure that she would be cared for in China until she could come home to her family. Most of all, we thank You, Heavenly Father, for giving Anna Grace to us.
I wonder if anyone reading our blog has felt a pricking of their heart towards the orphans in the world? Oh, how I pray so! There are so many children today who need a mama and daddy to love them. They don't need someone with a lot of money, a big house, or nice cars. They just need someone to love them. Could it be you? Do you have a place in your heart and family for a little girl or boy who needs you? I am praying someone does. Adoption has changed my heart. It has changed my outlook on life and what is important. If it is something that has been on your mind, pray about it. God will be faithful to show you if He is calling you to adoption.




Anna Grace gained more than a mama and daddy and 3 sisters. She also got lots of cousins and extended family. Here she is with the NC cousins! How I love to see her play with them. What joy I feel seeing them love on Anna!








6 comments:

Tami said...

awwwwwww! tell mom "hi" for all of us! i can't believe we have both brought home a china baby since we met y'all in wilmington!

when are you coming to visit???

:)

love you all!

Jaciromer said...

Shelley, I can't believe my eyes. We have been out of touch obviously. You have your sweet China girl and it has been 6 months! Wow! Congratulations to all of you. What a fun addition to your family. She is absolutely precious. Many blessings, and much love to you all. Jaci

Sherry said...

Congratulations on being home 6 whole months!! But I bet in a way it seems like your sweet baby girl from China has always been with you. At least that's how I feel with being home just over 3 months. And I must have been one of the ones you were praying for -- we already found daughter number 2 on the shared list and are doing the paperwork to bring her home too. Some people think we are also crazy but we also know this is God's plan for us too.

Sherry said...

I miss placed your email address. Oops. Email me and I'll give you more info.

:)

sav99@comcast.net

Angie said...

Congratulations! Thanks for emailing me, and I'd love to chat about Make A Wish. My email is jamieangiejacob@aol.com.

quilt'n-mama said...

Happy 6 months!
Time has flown, I feel so much of the same when I look at our little man nate and Abigayl- I'm so glad that God chose these kiddos from half way around the world to be part of our family!
So many blessings!
Looking forward to catching up with you one of these days! We are heading to the beach in FL on Tuesday and will be gone until the 9th. We are also beginning to plan our trip that way and look froward to seeing you guys hopefully!
Blessings,
Gayly