Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our pumpkin fun

First I want to let you know that a computer techie friend of mine has put a nifty little link in the upper left corner of my blog. If you sign up, you can now receive an e-mail when I update. That is a good thing for people who read my blog because I am told that MANY of you visit a lot more often that I post. So now you can sign up and get an e-mail telling you there is a new post. Pretty cool, huh? I think so...
Thanks Jim!


So in our house we didn't get our pumpkin carved until November 4th but it did get carved! I am pretty sure Shawn thought he would get out of it this year but nooooo, he did not. Emily and Sarah had big plans for him.

I am sure Anna Grace had never put her hand inside a pumpkin before!
She didn't mind the goop at all.


Lauren was another story. I think her picture speaks to how she felt about the pumpkin goop. Emily and Sarah conveniently disappeared so Mama wouldn't make them stick their hands in...so no pictures of them!


What were the big plans the girls had for their pumpkin? Well, they wanted a cloud and a lightening bolt on the front. And they remembered a past pumpkin where Shawn wrote Sarah's name in the back. He actually carved it backwards so that when the light shone through, her name would be spelled correctly. And they wanted him to do that again. So Daddy wrote Xiao Li in the back of our pumpkin. Who is that you ask???

Come back tomorrow!!

No comments: