Lauren enjoyed this year's hunt more than any other in her life. She knew what she was there to do, she did it well, and with a smile on her face too!
And then there is Sarah--the competitive one! Everyone else came up the hill together. Not Sarah! She ran up the side to get ahead of everyone!
Mansfield Update:
Shawn is on terminal leave from the Marine Corps with an official retirement date of September 1st. It looks like our next job will keep us here in the area for a while longer.
Emily is finished with 7th grade, did an amazing amount of work this year and is anticipating the arrival of an early birthday present in 3 weeks---her very own puppy!
Avery finishes school next Tuesday and she is counting the days! She is looking forward to going to camp in July with her friend, Sarah H.
Sarah finished 5th grade -- the year she learned that there actually ARE books she ENJOYS! PTL! She started swim practice 2 weeks ago and is already a little brown bear. (Yes mom, she does wear sunscreen every day!)
Lauren had her annual visit with Susan and really showed off this year. She proved that she is able to read by silently reading words and then choosing the correct picture! She accurately read nine out of ten words! Woo Hoo Lauren!
Anna Grace is also finished with "school" although she still asks daily if she can do her homework. Oh, if only they were all that motivated!
ME? I'm just trying to keep up with everyone's schedules! Summer time....not really slower, just different! Swim season hits us in full swing next Wednesday. Look out for pool pictures next...or puppy pics!



5 comments:
Shelley! So glad things are going well. Just stopped by to check on you. You were on my mind, so that means you've been in my prayers.
Becky
www.onthewingsofmorning.blogspot.com
Awesome update. The girls are growing so fast and they are oh so beautiful! Life is so busy for you but I just love the updates. Thanks for taking the time to let us see what's going on in your world. You remain in our prayers. We love you and I'm holding out hope that ONE DAY we're going to be in Wilmington at the same time.
Hugs to all,
Martha
Hey sweet friend! I love seeing the pictures of your beautiful girls! I can't get over how much your bio girls favor! Honestly, your Chinese girls kind of favor too. All equally as beautiful.
My dream is to have a house full of girls like that. Maybe someday! Of course, I *still* working on getting the second one here. LOL. Probably should concentrate on that for now, eh?
Thanks for your encouragement! It means a lot to me!
So fun to read your update! Hard to believe it was nearly a year ago we met in Guangzhou.
Your girls are all beautiful and I loved the Egg Hunt photos.
I love reading and seeing how well Avery is doing!
Miss Sienna Grace definitely rules our world! She's amazing and can do anything...we love her so much and can't imagine our family without her.
Continued blessings to your family from ours!
Dan, Karen, Danika and Sienna Grace Herman
Glad to hear things are going so well for everyone. I haven't check in a a long time with you guys. My blog list was set to the old address -- now the home page -- and it wasn't showing your updates. I fixed it so now I can see when you update.
Post a Comment