Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW!!!

So, I'm going to be a real blogger today....and actually post on the day an event occurs! We finally got snow in the DC area. My big girls were upset last week when NC got snow and we didn't. Well, we got ours today. So far we've gotten 2-3 inches and more is expected tonight with freezing rain tomorrow. Shawn got home early today so we took the girls sledding. We weren't sure how Lauren would like it because 2 years ago it really wasn't her thing! Well, I am soooooooooooooo glad we took her over there. She loved it!! She would giggle all the way down the hill and then stand up with the biggest smile on her face. We then let her try to climb the hill as independently as possible...therapy, you know...(see previous post!) She surprised me with how far she got up the hill before Daddy needed to help. Emily and Sarah had a fabulous time as well! They raced many times to see who could reach the bottom first. A good time was had by all today. Enjoy the pictures!

Daddy and Lauren going down together!

SARAH

EMILY

LAUREN


As for travel approval...we haven't heard from China yet. This week they are on holiday for Spring Festival so we don't expect to receive TA until next Friday at the earliest. This will definitely push travel into early March. I know its only a week or two different but that is another week or two that our baby lives in an orphanage. We are ready to bring her home! Thank you for your prayers for her.

Emily and Sarah with Ethan

2 comments:

trina said...

I'm so jealous. No snow for us yet!! What sweet pictures.

Tammy said...

What fun! It was in the mid 70's here yesterday which was great, but I do miss playing in the snow. :(