Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday

Well,our first day in Beijing was fun but we are beat! Sarah was up at 4:55,woke me at 5:20, and Emily at 5:30. By 6am we were all up! And of course, by 5pm we all were ready for bed. We visited the Temple of HEaven, a silk factory, and Summer Palace. Everything here is on a grand scale. I can't describe how big the Temple of HEaven and Summer Palace are! Angela, our guide, is amazing! She has been wonderful to have with us. She took us for Peking Roasted Duck for lunch. The duck wasn't our favorite but we all found something we liked. Shocker here....I enjoyed it the most. For those of you who know Shawn and the girls' eating habits, you aren't surprised. We got great pictures today but I don't have them to upload because we are having computer issues. I am using the lobby computer to update the blog and cannot do pictures here. We leave this hotel tomorrow and I am counting on the hotel in Xian working better with our computer. The computer works fine when plugged in but it won't charge. For this hotel we need it to charge so we can take it to the lobby to use. So, one more day without pics! Sorry! But seriously, you don't care all that much about our pictures...you just want this problem fixed by Sunday! And so do we! I am getting a cold so I don't feel the greatest. You can pr*y about that for me. I don't want to be sick when I meet my daughter! The girls are doing well. We learned today that BEijing just may be one of the coldest places we've ever been. When the wind blows it doesn't matter how many layers you have on....it goes right through you! We will be happy to move to a warmer place. Thanks for all the e-mails and "thoughts." They mean the world to us.

3 comments:

trina said...

Just a few more days!!!

Hope&Joy said...

Dearest Mansfield Family, I was smiling so broad and so thrilled to read your blog today. We are so excited for you!! :) :) It's a time of tears and great joy -- so cry and laugh and try to remember every moment. What a blessing the Father has given you and rewarded your patience! She is a gift...and she'll be in your arms soon....Welcome AnnaGrace...You are loved! Please send our love to the girls -- we can't wait to talk to Emily and Sarah and hear all about China and your new baby sister. With tears of joy for you!! ~~Hope and Joyce

P.S. Your blog reminded me of the wonderful and exciting time about 7 years ago when I travelled to pick up Hope in China. I've sent your blog to Ms. Jeannine today, too, so she can also track your fabulous journey -- she's excited too! Ms. Jeannine said that maybe Hope and Niqui could be AnnaGrace's dance teacher when she joins Children of the Light Dancers in 5 or 6 years (ha, ha)!

MamaChan said...

WooHoo! You are SO close to Gotcha Day! I can feel the tears starting already ; ) So glad you are enjoying the food - that was my favorite part (besides getting the kiddos of course!) We are praying for all of you and will be thinking of you especially the next 12 hours!
Amy for the Chan Clan