Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Anna Update


Our sweet Anna Grace Qiu

Well, it has now been one month and 2 days since we received our letter of approval from China. We have been officially approved to adopt Anna. Now we wait for Travel Approval(TA). Typically, TA will come in 3-4 weeks but we had Chinese New Year thrown in there so there has been a delay. We are hoping to get TA by next week. Lauren has an appointment with an ENT on March 20 and we really want to be home so we can make that appointment. We made it in early January so to reschedule would be bad. So, there is one thing you can pray for; that we would be home by March 18 so we can keep that appointment.

While we have been waiting for TA we have seen God work in an amazing way and I have to share it with you. After receiving LOA we were talking to our agency and found out that we would need to wire $10,000 cash to China when we received TA. Wow! We were thinking it would be about $6,000 cash. So that sent me into a tailspin about money. We had $6,000, but not 10! Shawn, of course, doesn't stress over things like that. He simply said, "God has led us down this path of adoption and He is going to provide." The following week I got a phone call from a friend who recently returned to VA after moving away for a time. We have not talked all that much since she returned, simply because we both have busy schedules. But she called and we were catching up when I mentioned China. She had never heard a word about China! Huh?? I thought everyone knew we were going to China! I've been talking about it for 3 years now! So I back up and catch her up with the whole adoption thing. She is excited when I tell her that Anna has cleft lip/palate. My friend has had experience with cl/cp. She begins telling me what to expect and how manageable that will be. Then, out of the blue, she says, "Do you need money?" What?? Where did that come from? Again, she says, "Do you have all the money you need?" "Well no, actually we do not." And then I said, "Did I bring up money to you?" I was horrified. We have prayed for God to provide but felt strongly that we were not to start asking a bunch of people to give us money to pay for this adoption.
She then says, "Now I know why the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to call you! Last week I felt like I was supposed to call but I wasn't sure why. My husband and I have been talking about what we are supposed to do with some money that we have. We haven't known the right place to send it. Now I know! Send me a picture of Anna and a little information so I can share it with him." HOLY COW! I have read stories like this from other adoption blogs but never, ever expected God to provide in this way! So, 2 days later I get a call from her saying come pick up this check so you will have it when you need it! $2500 for our precious Anna! Praise the Lord! He does answer prayer and provide for His people when they are obedient to Him. Money-wise, we are almost where we need to be and more importantly, God has reminded us to trust in Him because He will take care of our every need!
How cool is that? I can't wait to share it with Anna one day when she is older so she can see how God worked to bring her home. Thank you for your prayers. We will keep you posted on TA news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shelley! That brought tears to my eyes! How faithful HE is! And what a wonderful story you now have to share with your Anna about God's provision in bringing her home!
I miss you and can't wait to see Anna in your arms!
love,
Tami

Tammy said...

What a wonderful testimony! It's so easy to get caught up in worry during an adoption. Thanks for the reminder about Who is in control.

Praying your TA comes in soon!

Colleen said...

Shelly, Thank you for the great reminder. What a blessing and amazing confirmation that God is in control of all the small things. If He can do that, he can get Lauren to an ENT in the right time :-)