Shawn's excel spreadsheet of our packing list...everyone needs a Marine when you go to China!
Well, the packing has begun!! And boy, is it a job!! We have to prepare for 33 degrees in Beijing, 50 in Xian, and 75 in Guangzhou....and it all has to go in bags that weigh 44lbs or less! That is a challenge! Especially when you have to take 3/4 of CVS with you as well! We are trying to finish packing by tomorrow so Monday we can play with Lauren and Tuesday we can clean house while she is at school. We leave EARLY Wednesday morning. Our itinerary is below. Please remember that while we are in China most posts will be through our travel website, not this blog. You can find a link to our travel site on the top left corner of this blog. You will be able to e-mail us from a link on the travel site....please do! I have heard those e-mails are what get you through when the homesickness hits. Please keep praying for us all. For Lauren and Mimi while we are gone and for God to continue to prepare Anna's heart. Thanks for all your prayers!
Itinerary:
Wednesday, February 18
Depart Dulles- to Chicago
Depart Chicago at lunchtime- to Beijing
Arrive in Beijing on THURSDAY afternoon! Holy Cow, that is a LONG flight!(14 hours to be exact!)
Spend Thursday and Friday night in Beijing.
We will tour Summer Palace and the Great Wall as well as a few other places.
Depart Beijing at dinnertime on Saturday.
Arrive in Xian
We will be staying in Xian from Saturday(2/21) to Friday(2/27)
Here is the most important thing!!
**WE GET ANNA ON SUNDAY, FEB. 22 IN THE AFTERNOON. THAT MEANS WHEN YOU WAKE UP FOR CHURCH ON SUNDAY WE WILL HAVE HER!**
Spend the week in Xian doing various paperwork, waiting on her visa, and seeing the sites of Xian.
Depart Xian on Friday, Feb. 27 and fly to Guangzhou
We will spend 4 nights in Guangzhou and complete the US portion of her adoption.
Depart Guangzhou by train on the evening of March 3rd to Hong Kong.
Depart Hong Kong March 4th for HOME!! We will go through San Fran on the way home and arrive at Dulles sometime the night of the 4th.
Thanks for following along on this trip of a lifetime!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Packing has begun!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I can't believe you're packing already!! You're soo close!!
I'm off to check out your new site. I'll definitely will be leaving comments! :)
I'm in tears I'm so excited for you. I am praying for safe travels for you and that all the paper work will go smoothly. Also praying that sweet Anna will feel loved the moment she is in your arms. Mimi will take wonderful care of Lauren, but I know you will miss her terribly. Please know that you guys are in my prayers and that God is going to bless you on this journey.
Love to all of you,
Martha
I love these pictures, oh the memories flooding back! I am so excited for your guys and praying for you! Enjoy the journey... God has amazing things in store for you! We are so excited that Nate's little friend is coming home!!!
Blessings,
Gayly
So awesome, God is good! I pray for safe travels!
Post a Comment