Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Follow-up with the Surgeon

We went back to the hospital today for a 1 week follow-up. Dr. Boyajian said Anna's palate looks good, he sees no holes, and really doesn't expect them at this point! Thank you God! We were so hoping that he would say that! She still has to wear the arm restraints and stay on that hated, liquid diet...but we will do it! I'm not going to mess up his artwork in Anna's mouth. Here is a picture from today of my littlest beauty. Keep praying for her to eat and for her mouth to continue to heal as well as it already has.


I've also got a Lauren prayer request...I mean, aside from the usual ones. : ) We have her annual IEP meeting at school. This is the meeting that stresses me out to no end every year! And this year it is a bigger deal than ever! Lauren turned 5 so she is supposed to go to kindergarten this fall. We don't know if that is the best thing for her right now. We will meet with a team of 9 to discuss Lauren and classroom possibilities at 1pm on Thursday. Please pray for us. Pray that God will give us a clear direction for her. We want whatever is best for Lauren and sometimes that is not clear. But we are praying that He will guide us through this process. The whole thing seriously makes me feel ill. It is this time every year that I ask myself why I'm not homeschooling her! Thanks for praying us through it! I've attached a picture of my #3 beauty too!


And so I don't leave out my big girls, they are good too. Actually, Emily has strep right now. And it came in the form of a rash instead of fever and sore throat...weird! But she tested positive for strep so she is on antibiotic for that. I was so happy (not!) to hear that it was strep...now we wait for the other 3 to get it! And of course we found all this out after sitting for 2 hours in the waiting room for Anna's appointment. So when we left our pediatrician's, I got in the car and said, "Oh Man!(Yep, too much Dora!) Emily has strep and we just sat in a packed waiting room for 2 hours! Who knows how many people we infected!" And do you know what my sweet Sarah said to make me feel better about it?? "Oh mama, don't worry! They won't know it was us that gave it to them!" Who is raising this child????
And with that, I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Mary 'beth said...

We were happy to see the good report.

Y'all are so beautiful!

And, yes, Emily was my first thought on the dresses, bless her mature little heart.

Love y'all!

quilt'n-mama said...

We'll be praying today for Lauren's meeting, for wisdom and guidance from our heavenly Father.

We have an icky bug at our house too! Daddy came home from work on Tuesday sick so I made him stay in our bedroom away from everyone all day and night, then I didn't feel good yesterday and last night! This morning Lenna woke and said "mommy my tummy hurts" and then it all began:( Ugh!
Hope everyone is healthy there soon!
We'll catch up with you soon!

Blessings,
Gayly

ps- great pictures and I'm glad the post surgery appointment went well:)