Friday, July 2, 2010

Catching up...

I finally got pictures uploaded to the computer and realized that I had not shared these pictures of Lauren. As most of you know, Lauren does not have good hand use. She has trouble holding on to things without dropping them. However, when she is really motivated she has amazing abilities. A good example of this was one night when she managed to get a bag of M&M's out of the pantry. Lauren was the only one inside; the rest of us were in the yard getting ready for a yard sale. We were walking inside every 5-10 minutes to check on Lauren while she watched Dora. Shawn came out and called me inside to see what she had done. Evidently, she had gone into the kitchen, opened the pantry, found a ziplock bag of M&M's, and decided that she hit the jackpot. We found her like this....



And she quickly began doing this.....


and then this....

And this is how she felt about it....

And to be honest, we felt the same way! We were quite proud of our little girl! She "shouldn't" be able to open a cabinet or pick up a bag, certainly not carry it all the way down the hall without dropping it, and that ziplock?? We have no idea how she got that open! But yeah, my girl has pretty good hand use when she has the proper motivation! And I was proud enough that I let her keep eating them while I took pictures! She is our superstar and we really have no idea the heights that she can reach if we keep believing in her and giving her opportunities to grow!
What a blessing she is to our family!

No comments: