It has been COLD here this week! And of course, I have children who don't like coats. Sarah "forgets" hers everytime we leave the house. And Lauren just fusses as soon as I put hers on. I guess I would too in that puffy coat. We actually had a little snow shower here on Tuesday. It was fun for all of us...we are southerners; we aren't used to snow at all, much less in NOVEMBER!! We are gearing up for Thanksgiving in VA this year. For the first time EVER, my parents are coming here! Yahoo!!! We don't have to tavel. Last year was the first Thanksgiving in my life that I wasn't at my parent's house...yes, I was 36 before that happened! Because we typicallly go to NC for 10 days at Christmas, it is nice to stay home for Thanksgiving. So Emily and Sarah are so thrilled that Mimi and Grandy are coming here. The countdown has already started!
I am thankful it is time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You see, I have this little girl in China that I think about an awful lot and I need something to distract me! I miss her. How can you miss someone you've never met?? I can't explain it, but I do! And I don't want her to spend one day longer in an orphanage than she has to. We've only waited 24 days for our letter of approval. In all likelihood it will take 80-90 days for it to come!! Yuck! Some people do get theirs in 60-70...so the eternal optimist in me wants to think we could be that lucky! Realistically we should get it by the end of January. Please pray with us that it will come in a timely manner so our sweet girl can come home.

Thursday, November 20, 2008
It's beginning to feel like winter.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I understand how anxious you feel. I was waiting for our LOA this time last year! I pray you have peace and a very Happy Thanksgiving with all your family.
Blessings,
Tammy
Post a Comment