BEFORE
If you look back in there you will see the gap in her palate.
Waiting for the doctors to come get her.
Recovery Room----This was about 5 minutes after we first saw her.
Anna's crib at Children's National Medical Center
Thursday morning--Emily and Sarah came for a visit and Anna perked up considerably!
AFTER
Swinging with Mimi this afternoon
We made it home about 1pm today. Anna was happy to be here. As soon as she saw her crib she pointed to it which is her way of asking to get in. I put her in there, she rolled around for about 30 seconds, stood up and was ready to get back out. So much for that nap I was already thinking about! : ) She has acted pretty good since coming home. She definitely wants more to eat than she is able to have. I think it may be a long 21 days!! She has figured out how to get out of the arm restraints in about 30 seconds flat! We are now putting them on and then putting one of Emily's long sleeve tee-shirts over it. Works today because it is 65....I don't know what we will do on Sunday when it is 82! Any ideas? I've included pictures taken over the past 2 days....the aunts were requesting them! I haven't tried to take one of the inside of her mouth but I have looked in there. It actually looks really good. I'm not a nurse, don't like "nursey" things, but it wasn't that bad to look at. Hopefully I will be able to get a picture soon. Dr. Boyajian is an amazing surgeon. Thank you all for your prayers. Keep praying for pain management and for her to adjust to the diet and the arm restraints.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Home Sweet Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Welcome Home!!
Madi never wore her restraints. We finally gave up on it. Of course, she never tried to touch her mouth. Good Luck!
So glad you're home and that the surgery is over. I've been praying and praying that all would go well and it seems that my prayers were answered. Anna looks great and I'm sure she's getting the very best care. I'm delighted Mimi is there with you (of course I knew she would be). Give her a big hug for me.
You all will remain in my prayers. Hoping you'll have a good night's rest tonight and that each day will be better and better. Take good care and know that you are loved.
Martha
hope you have a great 2nd day at home! So glad it's going well. Good Luck with the no no's!!!! hahahaha!
Blessings,
gayly
Post a Comment