Saturday, March 28, 2009

Anna's First Swim





Fantastic Friday was last night at Cub Run! Emily and Sarah were thrilled as Cub Run is the best rec center pool around. It has a water slide and a water playground. We were looking forward to taking Anna for her first swim too! Unfortunately, mom's suit got left in a bag at home so it made things a little more challenging. But Emily and Sarah helped Daddy with the little girls. Anna took her time watching before she went into the water. After 30 minutes of seeing Lauren have a great time with Daddy she decided she was ready to try it. Daddy held her for a while and let her touch the water, then he let her stand in the kiddie pool. She seemed to like it. She definitely was not scared. I so, so wish we could read her mind. I wonder what she is thinking when she sees things for the first time. There are so many things she is experiencing. I can't help but think about how awful it would be for her to have missed all that life has to offer because she spent it in an orphanage. She has such a vibrant personality...what if that personality was stuck in 2 rooms in XianYang? And how many other precious children are sitting in orphanages today, missing all that life has to offer? Pray for them. Pray for families to obey God when He calls them to adoption. It is an amazing miracle that we've experienced in our family. Enjoy our pictures...there are more below. Don't miss the ones of Lauren learning to swim. She is doing fantastic!

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love all the pictures of the girls in the water. Nate is getting to where he really likes being in the water too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about lives of little ones left behind in SWIs... god keeps working on our hearts and we pray He will do the same to others too!

While you were enjoy swimming, we were sitting tight at home in a spring blizzard! The kids have had a blast the last 24 hours out playing in the snow though. I'll try catching up with you this week, I have a couple of questions for you!
Hope you have a great week!
Gayly