Monday, March 16, 2009

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY LAUREN!



Today Lauren celebrated her 5th birthday. What a blessing this precious girl is to our family. We have gone down a path with Lauren that we would have never imagined and certainly one that we would not have chosen. But Shawn and I have talked about how thankful we are for Lauren, just the way she is. If she didn't have Rett Syndrome how would her personality be different? Would she still have those eyes that look deep into your soul? Would she still have that smile that melts hearts? Would she still have that infectious laugh that makes every person smile when they hear it? Would she have the innocence and trust that makes us want to protect her from every hurt? We don't know but we thank God every day for entrusting her to us. I am so very, very thankful that I get to be her mommy. I pray every night that I will be the mommy that she needs, that we will make the best decisions for her, and that she will know how much we love her and how much Jesus loves her. Thank you Lord, for this precious gift. Thank you for protecting her, for giving her good health, and for letting us love her. Happy birthday sweet girl. I love you very much! Love, Mommy
*2 additional posts below!

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!! We hope your day was wonderful! What a treasure you are to celebrate!
Blessings,
gayly