Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 4

Anna Grace continues to improve....and good news, her mama is finally thinking she looks like Anna again! Today her eyes are sparkling and she is full of energy. That is the Anna Grace we know. We kept her home from church because it would have created quite the scene to have her there with the bow on her face. She is too aware of what people are saying to do that to her. So Mama and Anna stayed at home while Daddy took the 3 big girls to church. It was promotion Sunday so we didn't want everyone to miss. While they were gone, we played and I snapped this picture of her rocking in the chair. I even caught the glimmer of a smile. Soon we are going to have all that stuff off her face so we can see the whole thing. I can't wait!

We have our annual fundraiser for Rett Syndrome in just 3 weeks! Would you please consider donating? All money we raise will go to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation to fund research. Rett Syndrome is such an ugly disorder. There is currently no treatment or cure...and it is spontaneously occurring so that means anyone's daughter could be stricken with it. For more information go to www.rettsyndrome.org or e-mail me. I would love to share more with you. Lauren was diagnosed 3 years ago and not a day has passed since that I haven't thought about how wonderful it would be to find a treatment, or better yet, a cure. I have never heard Lauren say "I love you Mama" and she is 5 years old. The very sad thing is, I probably never will...UNLESS researchers find a way to help our girls. They have already found a way to reverse the effects of Rett in mouse models. That gives us great hope that a cure is possible. But it takes so much money to fund the studies. Would you consider helping us? I know this is a hard year to ask for money. But even a $10 donation would help.
This sweet girl is depending on us to help her. Look at her face. I KNOW she has so much she wants to say. I am doing all I can to help make that happen.

Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Anna Grace looks beautiful! We just got home from vacation last night ans I tried to be good and not get on the computer much while we were gone:) But we were praying for you guys and I'm so excited to see things went well. Hope to catch up with you soon!
Blessings,
gayly