Thursday, September 3, 2009

We are home!

While Anna was waiting to be taken back she took really good care of her baby!


CHEESE!


"I'm hungry! It is 11AM and I haven't eaten since last night!"



We are home! Check out my cute little nose! There is still a lot of swelling so we will not get the full effect for a while.

Here is a "before" photo so you can see the difference!


We left the hospital at 9am! Yay!! Anna Grace woke up very happy this morning. She was smiling and dancing 15 minutes after waking so I knew she was okay to go home. She is very strong willed and we have already had a few battles over her letting us feed her. Please pray for that to get better as we have to feed her for 3 weeks. Dr. Boyajian said the diet is not the issue this time around, its the delivery of the food that is important. Nothing can stress the lip so we have to feed her so she isn't jabbing the fork or spoon on it. Should be fun! : ) The other thing you can pray for is that Lauren will not get her fingers on the bow that is taped to Anna's face. We know if given the chance, Lauren will grab it and rip it off. She doesn't like things on us. If she sees a bandaid on one of us she picks at it until she gets it off. So I know the big silver loop on Anna's face is going to drive Lauren crazy. I think that may be our biggest challenge...keeping Lauren away from Anna. She can be quite determined when she wants to do something and those hands can be amazingly accurate too! Anna seems to feel pretty good. She is only on Tylenol and really doesn't seem to be in pain. She and I are both tired and in need of a good nap. Hopefully we will be able to get that in today. Enjoy the pictures. Check out that little, round nostril! Dr. Boyajian is a gifted surgeon.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

So glad you guys are home. Anna Grace's surgery looks great. Other than the swelling and tired little eyes that is. Beautiful job. Hope the next few days go well for you guys.