First, I am sorry for the delay. We had issues with the in-room internet system and I had to wait until now to use the family waiting room computers. Anna Grace is recovering nicely. She went into surgery at noon and we expected her out around 2. At 3, her doctor finally came out and said all was well! He said it was challenging since it had already been repaired once but it will look good once the swelling is down. We can already see how different her nose will look. While I know she is going to like it so much better in the long run, I think I might miss her flat, little nose. One thing that we know for certain, Anna does NOT like coming out of anesthesia. She cried, screamed, and kicked us for a good, long time. The memory of her coming out of anesthesia the last time had faded. But as I fought to hold on to her I quickly remembered....kinda like childbirth....you forget how bad it was once it is over but when you do it again it all comes back very quickly! Thankfully, we shouldn't have another surgery for 5 years. As a result of her rough awakening, we spent 2 hours in recovery before being able to go to our room. It is now 11pm and she is doing well. She is sitting up, drinking apple juice, and looking pretty good, certainly better than the last surgery. Because this surgery was all external she has visible stitches. Some will dissolve and a few will have to be taken out in 10 days. I feel certain we will leave in the morning. Once we are home and settled I will post pictures. We got some really cute ones and a few pitiful ones. Thank you all for your prayers. We appreciate you all.
I do have to share one hospital story with you. As we were changing Anna into her gown this morning we hear an announcement over the intercom. Now remember, we are in a children's hospital....all children, no adults. This is what we heard. "Code Blue--Adult! Code Blue in west wing, 5th floor elevator." About one minute later we hear, "Code Blue--Adult! Code Blue in west wing, 1st floor elevator." Holy Cow! Someone visiting the hospital clearly had a medical emergency in the elevator. We didn't hear anything else for the rest of the day.
Thanks again for praying for our girl. We will update again once we are home.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Recovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment