Saturday, September 5, 2009

Each day is better

Anna Grace and her baby, who also has a bandage on her face. And yes, that is drool on her chin. I'm not good enough with editing to get rid of that!




Today is our best day yet! Anna Grace is happier and more stubborn, which is totally normal for her! : ) She has played with her toys more today and eaten better so I think she feels pretty much back to normal. And Emily and I both agree she is looking like Anna again. I can't wait for everything to heal and all the swelling to go away so we can see her sweet face. We got some cute pictures today. She has a baby doll that also had an operation on her mouth by Dr. Daddy. You will see that the baby has similar bandages. Anna Grace has been playing with her a lot the past 2 days. This afternoon we had to change the bow. It appeared to be sliding and was pressing into her mouth. Changing it is not a problem; they actually taught us how in the hospital. Its the ripping off by a child that we need to avoid. Thankfully, since Thursday night we haven't had any more incidents like that. But of course, while we had the bow off I took a few pictures. It is still hard to get a real idea of how it will look in 2 months but at least you can see her face. Thanks for all the prayers over the past few days. We are all doing well.

Anna and baby dancing


Anna Grace's 15 minute break with no bow. She is singing! See how irritated her cheeks are? I hated to put it back on....but we did.

1 comment:

Martha from NC said...

Oh Shelley,
Sorry I haven't left a note sooner. I've been "out of pocket". Floyd had foot surgery (Achilles tendon) on Tuesday and I've been "playing nurse."
That sweet Anna Grace is a real trooper. Her nose and lip look great and I'm sure all this recovery discomfort will be well worth it. Please know you are ALL in my prayers. Kiss that sweet girl for me.