Still loving that baby!
Well, we made it through the first week. Anna Grace hasn't busted open her lip but she has pulled the bow off once and managed to pop a stitch on her nose. Yep, this morning I went to get her out of bed and she only had one stitch in her nose. The other was in the floor. I have no idea how that happened. She had the no-no's on her arms, pinned to her back so she couldn't escape. Her nose looks fine. She managed to get this one out on Day 8 and they can be taken out on Day 10 so I am not too worried. Might as well not be, what can I do? My best guess is that she was on her tummy and rubbed her nose back and forth on her pillow until it came out. Any other guesses out there? I took some new pictures so everyone can see her progress. Her nose is relaxing a bit, which is a good thing. I think it is looking more and more natural. The stitches in her lip are dissolving and we still cannot get in there and clean it up really good. So the yuckiness on her lip? Well, its yuckiness on her lip. Trust me, as soon as her daddy can clean it up, he will be on it!
Sarah took this photo...I think it is one of the best we've gotten since surgery!
Lauren is officially homeschooling now. She has been working on an apple unit this week. She has tasted apples, counted apple seeds, painted apple prints, and tomorrow she is making applesauce. We hope to visit an orchard next week. Lauren has also been reading Ten Red Apples this week but prefers Goodnight Moon. That is the current favorite and she asks Dino to read it several times every day. She is also working on the letter A, counting to 5 and the color red. I love having her home and I think she is happy too. Preschool starts next Thursday but she will only go 2 mornings a week. I think it will be a great balance.
Lauren and Dino during reading time. She turns the pages at just the right time! Her favorite page is "and a quiet old lady who was whispering Hush!"
Making apple prints...this might not look like much but she doesn't really care for crafts. Why would you when your hands don't always do what they are supposed to? But she did really well with this activity.
Our Strollathon is 2 weeks out. We are praying that it will be a successful event and that we will raise lots of money to fund research. Go to www.rettsyndrome.org for more details on this disorder. As always, thank you for your prayers. Lauren continues to do well. She is happy and healthy and we are so thankful that we get to be her parents.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
1 week Post-op
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Anna's nose looks amazing! I'm sure she will be fine in spite of the missing stitch. :)
Lauren's homeschool lessons sound wonderful. I've been doing a little with Madi while we were adjust, but I think I should begin going into more detail like you.
I hope your event goes well. Thanks for informing us about Rhetts.
Blessings!
Tammy
Anna looks awesome! I look forward to the day when they do a little work on sweet Nate's as well... ok, sort of:)
I'm excited that Lauren is home with you guys for school and doing well, looks like she's having fun! We are trying to get back in the swing after being gone for a week to FL:) We planned a number of activities there though to go along with our unit study so it was fun!
Catch up with you soon- we are heading that way in about 5 weeks I think (Oct. 24-26:) Hope to see you!
Blessings,
Gayly
Post a Comment